Star Background





About Us

My photo
I have recently decided that we are superstars. I work full time as an ABA Consultant and am a full time student working toward my psych degree. I have the most amazing man in my life - Rob is every dream come true that I have had. He works hard, plays hard, and we are making our dreams come true one day at a time. We are the proud parents of 6 cats and 2 dogs. Ya. It is a circus but I love every minute of it!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Photo A Day 2.1.2011- Homework Helper

IMG_20110201_145030.jpg

Today's picture is of my kitty Figaro. I am a short person with short legs. So sitting in chairs for long periods of time usually ends up hurting my knees (as I can not usually rest both of my feet on the floor flat) and the back of my thighs since my feet are typically hanging and therefore putting constant pressure on the edge of the chair.  With that said, I do most of my work, homework, reading, laptop computing and really anything else I possibly can on the floor.
Now- Having 5 cats, three of them being kittens- as much as I protest, the floor belongs to them and they make sure that I remember it.  I am never left alone. Between curling up in my lap, on my keyboard, chasing the mouse or cursor on the computer screen, biting my pencil as I write, chasing my paper as I turn pages in any given book or simply sitting in front of me watching unblinkingly I am constantly reminded that I have invaded their territory. So I thought that while this might not be a universal cultural view of American culture, it has certainly become part of mine and fellow cat owners I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment