Star Background





About Us

My photo
I have recently decided that we are superstars. I work full time as an ABA Consultant and am a full time student working toward my psych degree. I have the most amazing man in my life - Rob is every dream come true that I have had. He works hard, plays hard, and we are making our dreams come true one day at a time. We are the proud parents of 6 cats and 2 dogs. Ya. It is a circus but I love every minute of it!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Photo A Day- 1.31.2011- Remants

SO I have an assignment in my Cultural Anthropology class to complete a photo journal. I have to make an entry  every day with a statement about why I took the picture and it's possible relation to the American culture.

Since I have to do it anyway- I thought I would include it on my blog! Woot!!

So I started Monday of this week:



Ok- so I didn't take this picture on Monday- But I still think it holds importance and should be included.
When my mom was here visiting Rob and I took her around to see some of the neighborhoods that had been impacted by Katrina.  My mom made a statement that even though Katrina had happened 5 years ago there was still such concrete evidence that the city is continuing to rebuild.  Many of the houses we saw were repaired and people were living in them. Even those houses though still had sign of the evacuation X on them faded as they were from scrubbing on brick and siding. It made me sad to think that the people in those homes were trying their best to recover form such devastation and yet they had this constant reminder staring them in the face. No matter how they scrubbed, the spray paint would not relent and return their clean brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment