Star Background





About Us

My photo
I have recently decided that we are superstars. I work full time as an ABA Consultant and am a full time student working toward my psych degree. I have the most amazing man in my life - Rob is every dream come true that I have had. He works hard, plays hard, and we are making our dreams come true one day at a time. We are the proud parents of 6 cats and 2 dogs. Ya. It is a circus but I love every minute of it!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Being Thankful

I am sitting in my class 10 minutes early and decided that I need to post a blog on how thankful I am for the people in my life. I have a great life. I am lucky for all that I have and all that I have the opportunity to achieve. Recently I have become more aware of the support that I really do have.


I am attending college at The University of New Orleans. It is my first semester here and I was very nervous to start. I have been attending community colleges for so long and have that scene down. I am a pro at navigating small classrooms, working my way around small campus' and getting to know teachers with only 20 students.  But this is an entirely different game.  My classrooms are huge. My smallest class has 42 students. The campus is gianormus. BUT- thanks to all the support of my family and friends I have muscled up my courage and faced it head on. I found all my classes with only one instance of being lost and was even on time!


The reason for this post though is to thank those that helped make my attendance to this semester possible. I did not qualify for financial aid this semester and will need to complete at least 2 semesters before I will be able to qualify again- due to mistakes I made early on in my college years. With the help of my brother and sister-in-law and Rob's parents- Lori and John, I was able to pay for this semester.  Plain and simple- I would  not have made it to school this semester if it were not for their help. Thank you all so much for your faith in me and for your help with making my dreams to finish college a reality.


Ok- now back to my class since the Professor just walked in. Time to take notes!!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment