Star Background





About Us

My photo
I have recently decided that we are superstars. I work full time as an ABA Consultant and am a full time student working toward my psych degree. I have the most amazing man in my life - Rob is every dream come true that I have had. He works hard, plays hard, and we are making our dreams come true one day at a time. We are the proud parents of 6 cats and 2 dogs. Ya. It is a circus but I love every minute of it!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Julie's First Gingerbread House! (and her vent on kittens...)

Here it is folks!!!
My First Gingerbread House!!!
TA-DA!!!!
Rob taught me the fine art of spreading icing to hold up the walls of my house

Making the roof loopy things....

The icing is VERY sweet but not very yummy....

Yes. I know it is off center. It is the first warning to Hansel and Gretel (Gretle?)
Don't eat candy houses.... a witch will stuff you in her oven.

From this angle it looks a little less off center.
Just go with me on this. Let me have it.
thanks.
It was fun. I ate the gummy rings on the top of the house first. Then I ate the roof. Then I came back in the kitchen a few days later and it was gone. I think that kitties knocked it off the counter and it got tossed. So goes the luck of anything left on the counter at my house. 
Which brings me to another point altogether. 
HOW DO I KEEP THE STINKIN KITTIES OFF THE COUNTER!?!?!?!?!?!
I have tried spray bottles, beating them, scaring them, cleaning them off so they are not interesting (the counters that is), ignoring them and nothing seems to work. Is it just the kitten in them and it will wear off as they get older?? I have 2 older cats and they don't dare to climb on any flat surface higher than 2 feet. Not the coffee table, not side tables, not kitchen sinks, not the desk. nothing. these guys though, they go EVERYWHERE!!! I don't know how they get to the top of the closet but they knock everything down from it. I haven't a clue how they get to the top rack above the washer and dryer. And- how in heavens name do they get into the dishes cupboards when they were closed?!? Drives me a little nuts and I swear that I love them and none of them will end up curiously missing the same week that I get fabulously fluffy and soft slippers........ maybe.
hehehe.... well at least the gingerbread house was fun!
**HUGS**

No comments:

Post a Comment